Konu: Divorce
Mesajı Okuyun
Old 17-06-2011, 02:03   #94
Konuk

Varsayılan Stupid girl needs help

First of all, what a great resource, this forum! I learned a lot. Here is my story in brief. Hopefully, someone can give me an advice.

I am Canadian, married a Turkish man (in Turkey) whom I met on-line (I know what you're thinking) in 2006. Bought the rings, paid for the honey moon in Antalya, brought him to Canada, supported him financially for 2 years while he was studying a getting some diplomas in business.

Then I got a job in another country, I left him in Canada where he is still waiting for his Canadian citizenship. Since August 2009 he is leaving alone and supporting himself. However, he still uses my car and some of my things, which can be valued at about $5000-7000 total.

Now, he refuses to return by car and my things and threatens me by a divorce in Canada where he will ask the court to force me to pay him spousal support because I am making much more money now than he does.

Since I dont live in Canada, can I arrange for a divorce in Turkey without him being present or agreeing (he is staying in Canada)? His family is in Turkey. He owns a flat in Turkey. We dont have kids. There is no property bought during our marriage as we were not making much money, only what I had when I married him (car and some household stuff).

How much time do I need to find a lawyer, arrange papers etc to start the process? I am working and need to know how long the trip to Turkey should be. How much a fee for such a case can be?

I wholly-heartedly thank all those who will take the time to consult me on this issue.