Mesajı Okuyun
Old 14-11-2008, 03:54   #1
Konuk

Varsayılan Inheritance law

My Mother and Step-father (both British) moved to Turkey some years ago. I believe they both had Turkish residency and jointly owned a property and my mother solely a car. Sadly my Mother passed away near on three years ago, in Turkey. My step-father is dragging his heals and saying that he can offer me (and my brother) 3/4 of 50% of Mum's estate(he gets 50% and a 1/4 of the other 50%). Even then he has no way of giving us a cash settlement and can only offer to have our names on the deeds, until HE decides to sell or he dies. If this is not acceptable we must pay to go through the Turkish Courts who don't look too kindly on such things and would cost a fortune. Is this correct or are we being told untruths? Mum did not leave a turkish will but did leave one in the UK. However, the UK Will (I am executor) although clearly states that all assets are to be equally split between me and my brother it should only refer to those in the UK! My step father has 3 children, my Mother 2 but they didn't have any together. Many Thanks