Konu: Konuk
Mesajı Okuyun
Old 17-09-2004, 21:23   #1
Konuk

Varsayılan Konuk

I would be grateful for any advice that you could give me on the following matter.
I was involved in a road traffic accident in Turkey earlier this year whilst driving a car that I rented from a car hire company.
After receiving hospital treatment and paying the bill I was taken to the local Police / Gendarmarie station where a statement about the accident was taken from me.
I admitted responsibility for the accident because it was clearly my fault.
The next day I appeared before the local Court and paid the fine imposed upon me.
I later discovered that I had not paid any collision damage waiver when I hired the car. After coming to an agreement with the car hire company, I paid for the damage to the rental car and for loss of rental whilst the vehicle was not able to be used.
Although it had cost me a great deal of money, I thought that would be the end of the matter.
A few weeks ago I was informed that a claim was being pursued against me for the damage to the Third Party's vehicle.
Is Turkish insurance different to that in the UK, whereby the claim would be met by the mandatory Third Party Liability insurance?

Thank you in advance.