Mesajı Okuyun
Old 14-11-2006, 13:19   #8
Av.Burcu Orhan

Varsayılan

Dear Sir,

According to International Law, all the immovable assets of the deceased are subject to the legislation of the country it is registered and/or located. Plus, it is always advisable to have different Wills for different Legislation as every country have different validity and enforcement regulations, ie: In some european countries you do not need a witness whereas for some countries like england it is a must to have witnesses.
So, my suggestion is have a Will for your Turkish assets, and have another Will for your English assets seperately, but in your English Will make sure it is stated that there is a Turkish Will covering Turkish assets and none of the Wills shall revoke eachother.
Kind Regards

Alıntı:
Yazan Visitor
Dear Av.Burcu Orhan,

Thank you very much for your interest. Before reading your post I thought that I could write one will which would be valid in both countries. In your experience of someone who has property and inheritors in the two countries, is it better to write separate wills as you describe, or a single one with a translation?

Kind regards.