Mesajı Okuyun
Old 12-09-2017, 16:34   #1
Konuk

Yeni Fikir divide inheritance

First of all, thanks that there is this ability to ask a question in English.

My grandparents past away about 25 years ago, while I was a little child. My dad past away a couple of years ago.
I do not know much about Turkish law, but my family members asked me recently to provide them a 'vekaletname' and provided me a piece of paper which I need to sign? I have asked my Turkish speaking friends and used google translate but what I understood is that with that paper they can do actually anything for me (getting a loan, mortage, selling my items and even asking for my bankruptcy)

So I asked my family for what they need this form. They told me to sell property of my grandfather. I asked them what the property is, is it one house? more houses? But they do not tell me. This made me a bit suspicious to be honest so I started to research on the internet.

I found this site and I hope that you could help me. I would be so grateful.

My questions are:

1) I wanted to ask you how can I find out what my grandfather owned. I searched internet and found that I need to go to "Tapu" but can I just go there and ask them? Do I need some proof that I'm the heir?

2) What kind of 'vekaletname' should I give my relatives so that they can devide the property of my granddad? Is there anything I need to be aware of? Do you have an example?

Thank you sooo much!!!