Üye İsmi
Şifre

Turkish Law English forum dedicated to Turkish Law

Driving Licence

Yanıt
Old 15-12-2008, 18:05   #1
Konuk

Varsayılan Driving Licence

We live in Turkey and own a car. We are having varied reports on driving licences. We currently drive on our U.K licence, although we have it translated into Turkish.

Now we are told we have to have a Turkish licence, this was reported (so I am told), in a local newspaper.

A Turkish friend, on our behalf, visited the police station and was told what we had done was enough. As currently there was nothing to mention about ex-pats living in Turkey.

What is the law on residents driving on U.K licences?

Linda
Old 23-12-2010, 10:05   #2
Konuk

Varsayılan

Hi

I am not sure about the law but I think you can use your licence here without having any problem.The important thing is the identification so you should not have any problem unless you have your photo on your licence.
I do not want to misguide you but I could use my licence when I was in Australia.Turkish law is based on reciprocity as far as I know.

For the best solution you should contact to your embassy,they will give you the best answer.
I wish I could help more.

Good Luck
Old 01-05-2011, 19:02   #3
Konuk

Varsayılan

I've been living in Turkey for 25 years and still drive on my US license. Lately when the jandarme pull me over for routine checks, they tsk-tsk that I have not gotten a Turkish license yet, and one said that I had to. When I asked the traffic policeman who pulled me over outside of Beşiktaş because my husband's firm was late paying its taxes and my plates showed up on his on-motorcycle computer, I asked and he said there was no need.
Old 11-05-2012, 06:02   #4
Konuk

Varsayılan Driving licence

Hi.
My wife and I have lived in Turkey for nine years and up until 2yrs ago drove on our UK driving licence. One day speaking with our car insurance company we were informed that one can only drive on a UK driving licence in Turkey for six months. After that time if you have a accicident and no Turkish licence you are not insured. All ex pats should consult their insurance comany.
Dennis
Old 07-11-2013, 18:32   #5
Av. Gamze Akderin

Varsayılan

We had the same question in our minds about this topic and we made a little bit of research. The answer from traffic control department was :

1- Tourists who drive hire cars : Their own driving licence will be valid

2- Foreigners with residents permits : After they get their residence permits they need to go to Noter and get their driving licences translated and approved by Noter.

3- Foreigners who have Turkish citizenship : They need to go to Noter and get their driving licences translated and approved by Noter.

Best regards
Av. Gamze SHARMAN
Yanıt

Şu anda Bu Konuyu Okuyan Ziyaretçiler : 1 (0 Site Üyesi ve 1 konuk)

Konu Araçları Konu İçinde Arama
Konu İçinde Arama:

Detaylı Arama

Forum Listesi

Benzer Konular
Konu Konuyu Başlatan Forum Yanıt Son Mesaj
sitting licence elainea Turkish Law 1 21-08-2007 09:59

THS Sunucusu bu sayfayı 0,05498099 saniyede 14 sorgu ile oluşturdu.

Türk Hukuk Sitesi (1997 - 2016) © Sitenin Tüm Hakları Saklıdır. Kurallar, yararlanma şartları, site sözleşmesi ve çekinceler için buraya tıklayınız. Site içeriği izinsiz başka site ya da medyalarda yayınlanamaz. Türk Hukuk Sitesi, ağır çalışma şartları içinde büyük bir mesleki mücadele veren ve en zor koşullar altında dahi "Adalet" savaşından yılmayan Türk Hukukçuları ile Hukukun üstünlüğü ilkesine inanan tüm Hukukseverlere adanmıştır. Sitemiz ticari kaygılardan uzak, ücretsiz bir sitedir ve her meslekten hukukçular tarafından hazırlanmakta ve yönetilmektedir.