Şifre

Turkish Law English forum dedicated to Turkish Law

Marriage Law

Yanıt
Old 03-04-2008, 19:11   #31
Konuk

Varsayılan

Dear Anita Ozer
If you get divorced in a Turkish Court the court will help you find your husband's properties.
But you have to claim this from the court and help them find it.
Since there is not a network between the land registry offices ,you have to ask for the possible land registry offices.
For example since you have got married in Ankara it's possible that your husband may have properties or bank accounts in Ankara
since this is a complicated issue to find his properties I suggest you to hire a lawyer in Turkey.
Old 31-05-2008, 18:05   #32
Konuk

Varsayılan

i am a filipina who married a turkish man 4 yrs. ago under the law of japan but we reported our marriage in our country,with in 4 yrs.i thought that our marriage is perfect but one day he meet a old woman who have money and he decided to take a divorce with me,we will be getting divorce under the law of japan but at turkish law he must get a turkish lawyers,one for me and 1 for him for approval of divorce in turkish law,we don"t have any children ...how long would it take to grant divorce n a turkish law?do i have right to his property in his own country?
Old 01-06-2008, 17:32   #33
alphukuk

Varsayılan

if you have an agrement about all problems (money,compensation etc.) you can get divorced in turkish court.you and your husband must attend to first trial and must say that you you want to get divorced.
Old 10-06-2008, 00:04   #34
Konuk

Varsayılan

irish girl engaged to turkish man.want to marry while only been together for 1 year.he will live in ireland.what are the consequences if they divorce in the future with regards to . . . . girl owns own house in ireland.will he have a claim over it if he helps with mortgage repayments?
if there are chrildren born in ireland and parents divorce can he take them to turkey to reside without mothers consent?
if divorce happens what is the procedure and how long does it take?
Old 19-06-2008, 20:54   #35
Konuk

Varsayılan

hi i am a english girl and i have met a turkish boy in england and we wish to marry in turkey then a blessing in england could youn tell me the legal requirments and what i have to do thanks lisa
Old 27-06-2008, 14:05   #36
Konuk

Varsayılan Marriage Law

Can someone shed some light on my situation please. Surprisingly, I have read many similar stories on this site & others, but have not seen a fitting answer.

Have been married to a Turkish man for 23 years, but separated for 19. Not an agreable separation, he simply left the marriage and 2 children and moved back to Turkey from Paris under a pretext and never returned.

No divorce took place, I did not remarry, but he did (illegally as we never divorced).

Question: what legal rights do I have with respect to asset distribution?. He became well-off while we were legally married, albeit separated. He informs me that according to Turkish law, as our marriage took place prior to some new law, that I'm entitled to nothing.

Just wonder if i would be wasting time and money by taking him to court and asking for some sort of settlement. Thank you.
Old 03-09-2008, 02:16   #37
Konuk

Varsayılan marrying a younger turkish partner

I need advice please. I have been with my turkish partner for 18 months in a very good and stable relationship. We now wish to marry but i have been told that we may have problems because i am 43 and he is 27. My 2 young children love this man so much and i can not take them out of the uk because of my ex husband. He is not after a visa and i dont have any money im just a normal working mum. We just want to be together and get married and at the minute until the kids are older the only way is for him to be with us in the uk. Can u please advise me.
Old 12-07-2009, 08:19   #38
Konuk / Chris

Soru Divorce Turkish.

I am a dual citizen (Turkish/Australian). My wife is a Turkish citizen only. We married 2003 in Turkey only. She applied and was granted a bridging-spouse (403) visa to Australia.
However, on expiration of her bridging visa she was not granted residency in Australia and she no longer has a visa to re-enter Australia. She is currently in Turkey.
My question is this:
I am in love with another woman, an American who I want to marry. Can I marry her (in Australia or USA-preferred) without divorcing the Turkish woman?
Can I divorce her through the Australian legal system or must I divorce her through the Turkish consulate help?
How long do divorce cases such as this normal take to conclude?
Will relinquenshing my Turkish citizenship help my cause?
Old 24-01-2010, 21:24   #39
Konuk

Varsayılan Conversion of religion

My Boyfriend(Turkish) and I(Singaporean) are planning to get married, only problem is we are not sure if changing of religion is compulsory by law in Turkey or if it is alright that we stay as we are. He's borned Muslim and I'm borned Buddhist..But both of us are free to any religion and he doesn't want to force me into converting. Please advise.
Old 26-01-2010, 19:59   #40
Konuk

Varsayılan

There is no obligation nor regulation about religion in marriage in Turkish law. It is a cliche but 'It is between the bride and the groom'
Old 19-03-2010, 13:56   #41
Konuk

Varsayılan Eva

I am going to be married with a turkish man, I am from Albania. May I know the procedure of the documents to be married, the marriage will be done in Turkey. After being married how much the state of turkey advance the visa for me?

Eda
Old 24-03-2010, 16:08   #42
dogukansavas

Varsayılan

Alıntı:
Yazan Konuk / Chris
I am a dual citizen (Turkish/Australian). My wife is a Turkish citizen only. We married 2003 in Turkey only. She applied and was granted a bridging-spouse (403) visa to Australia.
However, on expiration of her bridging visa she was not granted residency in Australia and she no longer has a visa to re-enter Australia. She is currently in Turkey.
My question is this:
I am in love with another woman, an American who I want to marry. Can I marry her (in Australia or USA-preferred) without divorcing the Turkish woman?
Can I divorce her through the Australian legal system or must I divorce her through the Turkish consulate help?
How long do divorce cases such as this normal take to conclude?
Will relinquenshing my Turkish citizenship help my cause?

you have to divorce via common law rules and for this situation your comman law is Turkis law. You can divorce in Australia or in USA but belong to Turkish ruler. Court must consider the Turkish law otherwise you can not register your divorce in Turkey.
Old 16-09-2011, 00:20   #43
Konuk

Varsayılan

i am divorced in the us but i am getting married in turkey does the "300 days" apply for someone who is divorced in another country? can someone let me know please thanks.
Old 26-09-2011, 16:46   #44
Tiocfaidh

Varsayılan

Alıntı:
Yazan Konuk
i am divorced in the us but i am getting married in turkey does the "300 days" apply for someone who is divorced in another country? can someone let me know please thanks.

Dear guest,

The 300 days rule was set up by the Turkish legislation in order to prevent the probable ambiguities of the children's pedigree status after divorce. As it's easily understood, the 300 days process is an avarage gestation period and the reason why women shall wait for 300 days before having a new marriage is ensuring of having no embryo from the ex marriage.

In conclusion, every woman in Turkey has to wait for 300 days as of the date she gets divorced to have a new marriage no matter what her nationality is.

However, it could be also possible to have a new marriage without waiting for 300 days as having a health report through the family court in order to certify the non-pregnancy status of the woman.

Hope this helps.
Old 17-03-2012, 15:34   #45
Konuk

Varsayılan

Hi,

I am curious what type of documents would be needed by Turkey from the U.S. to prove that I am single, married, divorced or widowed before obtaining a marriage license. My curiousity is spurned by the fact that I know of a man that married a Turkish national and his divorce in the U.S. was not final yet. Would this not be considered bigamy even by Turkish law?

Thanks!
Old 27-07-2016, 16:47   #46
Konuk

Varsayılan Jean Blake

I had a baby to my Turkish partner 8 months ago. I had petitioned for a divorce in uk from my husband,but he would not sign divorce papers,so so at the time of the birth in Turkey,I was legally married,
My child could not be registered as a Turkish citizen in her own right until I got my absolute.I got this and still they will not register her for 300 days now,
I cannot get a British passport because she is not registered,her father has not got a Turkish passport,would it help if he got one
Old 18-03-2017, 16:05   #47
Av. Muhammed Kuş

Varsayılan

Alıntı:
Yazan Konuk
Hi,

I am curious what type of documents would be needed by Turkey from the U.S. to prove that I am single, married, divorced or widowed before obtaining a marriage license. My curiousity is spurned by the fact that I know of a man that married a Turkish national and his divorce in the U.S. was not final yet. Would this not be considered bigamy even by Turkish law?

Thanks!
Hello,
According to Turkish law, bigamy is not allowed. Before getting married, people have to prove they are single. If the government suspect and investigate this matter, his marriage would be invalid with absolute nullity. I think there is a problem with the process of foreigners because the governement only considers the declaration of the partners. So if the person lie to government "I am not married", government considers this as a truth. However if they catched this, he would pay the punishment which woudl be in prison for the crime( forgery of official documents) and also loosing family registry
Old 18-03-2017, 16:12   #48
Av. Muhammed Kuş

Varsayılan

Alıntı:
Yazan Konuk
My Boyfriend(Turkish) and I(Singaporean) are planning to get married, only problem is we are not sure if changing of religion is compulsory by law in Turkey or if it is alright that we stay as we are. He's borned Muslim and I'm borned Buddhist..But both of us are free to any religion and he doesn't want to force me into converting. Please advise.

According to Turkish Constitution "ARTICLE 24- Everyone has the freedom of conscience, religious belief and conviction." So noone can force you changing your religion; it depends on your decision.
Yanıt

Şu anda Bu Konuyu Okuyan Ziyaretçiler : 1 (0 Site Üyesi ve 1 konuk)

Konu Araçları Konu İçinde Arama
Konu İçinde Arama:

Detaylı Arama

Forum Listesi

Benzer Konular
Konu Konuyu Başlatan Forum Yanıt Son Mesaj
Legal Age For Adulthood /marriage Konuk Turkish Law 4 28-06-2006 22:19
Marriage Law Konuk Turkish Law 2 18-04-2006 19:05
Passport and Marriage-Age limits Konuk Turkish Law 8 12-05-2003 15:09
Help Please-Marriage Konuk Turkish Law 5 17-12-2002 17:36
Forced Marriage For Men? Concerned Turkish Law 6 28-05-2002 02:24

THS Sunucusu bu sayfayı 0,06362891 saniyede 15 sorgu ile oluşturdu.

Türk Hukuk Sitesi (1997 - 2016) © Sitenin Tüm Hakları Saklıdır. Kurallar, yararlanma şartları, site sözleşmesi ve çekinceler için buraya tıklayınız. Site içeriği izinsiz başka site ya da medyalarda yayınlanamaz. Türk Hukuk Sitesi, ağır çalışma şartları içinde büyük bir mesleki mücadele veren ve en zor koşullar altında dahi "Adalet" savaşından yılmayan Türk Hukukçuları ile Hukukun üstünlüğü ilkesine inanan tüm Hukukseverlere adanmıştır. Sitemiz ticari kaygılardan uzak, ücretsiz bir sitedir ve her meslekten hukukçular tarafından hazırlanmakta ve yönetilmektedir.