Şifre

Turkish Law English forum dedicated to Turkish Law

Legal cause - Interest rate

Yanıt
Old 04-04-2013, 16:03   #1
Roman

Mahçup Legal cause - Interest rate

Dear all,

I was recently involved as a attorney into a case for collecting a debt of money arose from the loan agreement (non-commencial). The case faced with a conficts of law and therefore it was recognised that a substantial law of Republic of Turkey must apply.

The questions are:
1) What is the legal cause to apply interest rate for non-payment? (i.e. art. of the Turkish Code of Obligation)
2) What article defines a rate of interest? (Turkish Code of Obligation and/or special law).

Many thanks to anybody for answers.
Old 05-04-2013, 17:25   #2
Av.Kadir ORUÇ

Varsayılan Legal cause - Interest rate

Alıntı:
Yazan Roman
Dear all,

I was recently involved as a attorney into a case for collecting a debt of money arose from the loan agreement (non-commencial). The case faced with a conficts of law and therefore it was recognised that a substantial law of Republic of Turkey must apply.

The questions are:
1) What is the legal cause to apply interest rate for non-payment? (i.e. art. of the Turkish Code of Obligation)
2) What article defines a rate of interest? (Turkish Code of Obligation and/or special law).

Many thanks to anybody for answers.

Dear Roman,

1. The Turkish Code of Obligations Numbered 6098 (in Turkish: 6098 SAYILI TÜRK BORÇLAR KANUNU) Article 117 is about conditions of “DEFAULT OF DEBTOR” . Let me tell what this Article says; Normally debtor of a due debt goes into default by being serviced warning of the creditor. But if performance (payment) day of a debt has been specified by a contract together by both parties, the debtor goes into default when that period expired.(No need for warning).

2. There is a special (short) law named “The Law Numbered 3095 Regarding Legal and Default Interest” (in Turkish: 3095 SAYILI KANUNİ FAİZ VE TEMERRÜT FAİZİNE İLİŞKİN KANUN). Article 2 of this law says; “Debtor who goes into default in paying of an amount of money, unless otherwise specified by the law, has to pay default interest according to the rate defined in the first Article of this Law".

3. Since your loan agreement is non-commercial, legal interest will be applied as default interest to your case. Legal interest rate is determined by the Council of Ministers from time to time and it is 9 per cent since January 1,2006.

Best regards.
Old 05-04-2013, 18:05   #3
Roman

Olumlu Thanks

Dear Av.Kadir ORUÇ,

Many thanks for providing me with the usefull information.

Yours faithfully,

Roman Protsyshyn
Yanıt

Şu anda Bu Konuyu Okuyan Ziyaretçiler : 1 (0 Site Üyesi ve 1 konuk)

Konu Araçları Konu İçinde Arama
Konu İçinde Arama:

Detaylı Arama

Forum Listesi

Benzer Konular
Konu Konuyu Başlatan Forum Yanıt Son Mesaj
Legal Drinking Age in Turkey Legal Drinking Age Turkish Law 4 26-08-2011 05:40
Legal English Toby Turkish Law 6 08-12-2009 17:16
Turkish Legal Rate Of İnterest Gerhard Turkish Law 1 16-10-2004 16:23
Legal Drinking Age? Konuk Turkish Law 1 12-01-2003 21:23
Legal Casusluk!!! Av.Habibe YILMAZ KAYAR Hukuk Sohbetleri 2 20-12-2002 23:54

THS Sunucusu bu sayfayı 0,02334499 saniyede 14 sorgu ile oluşturdu.

Türk Hukuk Sitesi (1997 - 2016) © Sitenin Tüm Hakları Saklıdır. Kurallar, yararlanma şartları, site sözleşmesi ve çekinceler için buraya tıklayınız. Site içeriği izinsiz başka site ya da medyalarda yayınlanamaz. Türk Hukuk Sitesi, ağır çalışma şartları içinde büyük bir mesleki mücadele veren ve en zor koşullar altında dahi "Adalet" savaşından yılmayan Türk Hukukçuları ile Hukukun üstünlüğü ilkesine inanan tüm Hukukseverlere adanmıştır. Sitemiz ticari kaygılardan uzak, ücretsiz bir sitedir ve her meslekten hukukçular tarafından hazırlanmakta ve yönetilmektedir.