Üye İsmi
Şifre

Turkish Law English forum dedicated to Turkish Law

Citizenship revoked - travel as tourist - military service

Yanıt
Old 22-04-2013, 00:42   #1
denizberkin

Varsayılan Citizenship revoked - travel as tourist - military service

I am a Canadian born in 1966 in Canada to Turkish parents – who eventually became Canadian citizens. When I was born they must have notified the Turkish embassy and I received Turkish Citizenship as well.

I have never been to Turkey and have not done my military service.

In 1999 my Turkish Citizenship was revoked because I haven’t done military service. I received an official letter from the Turkish embassy to that effect.

Now I want to visit Turkey. I have a photocopied document given to me by the Turkish Embassy called a “Nufus Kayit Ornegi”. It seems to confirm that my citizenship was lost in 1999. The Turkish embassy in Ottawa told me I can visit Turkey as a tourist using my Canadian Passport and to bring this “Nufus Kayit Ornegi” with me and that I have no more military obligations and should have no problems. As a safety check I had my mother check with the Turkish consulate in Montreal who basically said the same thing.

Based on the confirmations with the embassy and the consulate I believe I can travel through Turkey without any issues or complications with regard to not having done military service. I’m wondering, though, if anyone else can foresee any problems that I may have ?

Thanks !
Old 12-07-2013, 21:54   #2
over

Varsayılan

Dear denizberkin,

I'm sorry to hear about your citizenship status. I'm not sure whether you still need my advice or not, since you asked this question 3 months ago, but as a lawyer and a person who served the army as an officer in recruitment center, I can assure you that you are not going to face any problems regarding your military service.

Laws have changed,so you would still be fine even if you were a citizen right now.

Only, people who leave the army without permission after beginning to serve are subjects to arrests.
Old 03-11-2017, 14:31   #3
KraasivaMak

Varsayılan Citizenship Revoked Travel As Tourist Military Service

So if I ran a red light in insert third would country here because thats the way people drive there, can I have my citizenship revoked? I wasnt cited.
Yanıt

Şu anda Bu Konuyu Okuyan Ziyaretçiler : 1 (0 Site Üyesi ve 1 konuk)

Konu Araçları Konu İçinde Arama
Konu İçinde Arama:

Detaylı Arama

Forum Listesi

Benzer Konular
Konu Konuyu Başlatan Forum Yanıt Son Mesaj
Can i go to turkey without delaying my military service Konuk Turkish Law 1 18-09-2012 23:31
Military Service Konuk Turkish Law 2 02-06-2008 20:57
Military Service Marin Olldashi Turkish Law 1 02-06-2008 16:31
Military Service Konuk Turkish Law 7 28-01-2004 17:36
Military Service Konuk Turkish Law 2 30-05-2003 16:28

THS Sunucusu bu sayfayı 0,03461194 saniyede 15 sorgu ile oluşturdu.

Türk Hukuk Sitesi (1997 - 2016) © Sitenin Tüm Hakları Saklıdır. Kurallar, yararlanma şartları, site sözleşmesi ve çekinceler için buraya tıklayınız. Site içeriği izinsiz başka site ya da medyalarda yayınlanamaz. Türk Hukuk Sitesi, ağır çalışma şartları içinde büyük bir mesleki mücadele veren ve en zor koşullar altında dahi "Adalet" savaşından yılmayan Türk Hukukçuları ile Hukukun üstünlüğü ilkesine inanan tüm Hukukseverlere adanmıştır. Sitemiz ticari kaygılardan uzak, ücretsiz bir sitedir ve her meslekten hukukçular tarafından hazırlanmakta ve yönetilmektedir.