Şifre

Turkish Law English forum dedicated to Turkish Law

Iranians marrying in Turkey for English speaking please

Yanıt
Old 29-10-2006, 23:16   #1
Help

Acil Iranians marrying in Turkey for English speaking please

Hello

Sorry I have asked again becaue I don't understand any Turkish but just a little German. What is the Turkish rule for Iranians and English who wish to marry in Turkey. I understand the English rules and the 21 day certificate of non-impediment. But for Iranians I have heard that Iranians can collect a certificate from the Iranian Embassy which is adequate within 24 hours to marry. This has come from a Turkish Solicitor and it is very important that we can verify this.

Thank you
Old 30-10-2006, 00:33   #2
Tiocfaidh

Varsayılan

Could you care to elabore a little more?

Is the issue about two Iranians who want to marry in Turkey? Or, an English person is willing to marry with an Iranian under Turkish law(The dissimilar impressions I got from your headline and message made me confused)? I would be glad to enlighten you as well as I can, if you give some more clues.
Old 30-10-2006, 01:31   #3
Help

Mutsuz re Iranians marrying

sorry I do not understand the buttons on this website but one Iranian man and one English woman who is happy to marry
Old 30-10-2006, 01:45   #4
Help

Mutlu re Iranian and English marrying in Turkey

Hopefully I have worked out which buttons are which!

One Iranian man and one English woman marrying under Turkish law. Which documents are necessary and what are the timescales?
Old 30-10-2006, 10:32   #5
Help

Varsayılan

further to that, if an Iranian has a British Divorce certificate (not an Iranian one), is this acceptable in Turkish Law?
Old 30-10-2006, 20:25   #6
Tiocfaidh

Varsayılan

Alıntı:
Yazan Help
Hopefully I have worked out which buttons are which!

One Iranian man and one English woman marrying under Turkish law. Which documents are necessary and what are the timescales?

Dear Help, according to Turkish international private law rules, parts from foreign countries have to apply their own national law even though they wed in Turkey. In such a case, Iranian man will have to fulfill what Iranian rules order and the English woman should do the same with her own national law.

Alıntı:

further to that, if an Iranian has a British Divorce certificate (not an Iranian one), is this acceptable in Turkish Law?

It's acceptable in Turkey, as long as it's also acceptable in Iranian law.

The issue seems as chaotically as I haven't met by before. Sorry for my answers which are probably not satisfiable, dear Help.

King regards
Old 31-10-2006, 01:02   #7
Help

İnceleme Iranian and English marrying

Hello

Many thanks for your reply. Yes, after a very long day of investigating it is apparently very, very chaotic, but it will be worked out with some willpower. A sign of the times, we wonder?

Many, many thanks again, and especially for baring with me as I do not speak any Turkish.

Would you like to know the result and the process to the result? Although this may take some time!

Help
Old 31-10-2006, 20:01   #8
Tiocfaidh

Varsayılan

It would be great for me to improve my practical law knowledge and experience, if I can hear the result of this case, dear help. No matter how long it will take until the end of the case. Many thanks in advance.
Old 03-11-2006, 12:20   #9
Help

Varsayılan re Iranian and English marrying in Turkey

Hello Again

Hopefully this is a more straightforward question. How long does the Iranian man need to be in Turkey before he can get married there?

Also, does he need to go to the Iranian embassy in Turkey to get special documents for permission to marry?

Thank you
Old 03-11-2006, 17:43   #10
Tiocfaidh

Varsayılan

Dear Help,

Alıntı:
Hopefully this is a more straightforward question. How long does the Iranian man need to be in Turkey before he can get married there?

An Iranian citizen has to fulfill the requirements of Turkish law only if he wills to marry with a Turkish citizen. Considering that he will marry with an English(but not Turk), all he has to do is applying his own national, or English law system.

I could have given you satisfiable answers if your questions were directed to me regarding 'a foreign person(Iranian) to marry with a Turkish citizen'. But, as I said for many times before, the parts have to follow their own national law systems in order to have a valid marriage, doesn't matter where they will marry.

If the woman was a Turk, the Iranian man still wouldn't have had to stay in Turkey for a long while to marry with her. He would only have had to keep staying in-marriage for 3 years for gaining Turkish citizenship. But the woman is not Turkish and Turkish law has nothing to do with this marriage.

Alıntı:

Also, does he need to go to the Iranian embassy in Turkey to get special documents for permission to marry?

It depends on what Englsh and/or Iranian law order(s).

Best wishes
Old 03-11-2006, 21:51   #11
Help

Karar re Iranian and English marrying in Turkey

Thank you very much for that, as it backs up some other advice given.

I think in short, the British person has to follow the 21 day British rule about marrying abroad, wherever they are, just as Iranians have to follow their marriage rules. So, if the Turkish authorities are satisfied that these rules are met, as well as the Turkish rules (!) then these two people can marry.

So,sorry to ask, but what are the rules if a Turkish woman wants to marry an Iranian man in Turkey?

Many, many Thanks
Old 04-11-2006, 01:59   #12
Tiocfaidh

Varsayılan

Alıntı:
Yazan Help
So,sorry to ask, but what are the rules if a Turkish woman wants to marry an Iranian man in Turkey?

First, both parts have to be 17 years old(17 years have to be filled).

Parts have to be legally single, a current marriage of a part causes to non-validize the (new)marriage.

Parts have to sign the marriage settlement/agreement in the presidence of a legal/formal official.

These are the main requirements which have to be fulfilled, dear Help.

The fact isues are generally occured about gaining the Turkish citizenship of the foreigner part. Gaining Turkish citizenship has some extra conditions like to have to keep staying in marriage along 3 years, but that's not what you are asking right now, i guess.

Please don't say sorry, I hope I could enlighten you only a bit.

Best wishes.
Old 06-11-2006, 21:03   #13
Help

Soru re Iranian and English marrying in Turkey

Well, we'll just have to see what happens. It's very, very helpful to get some insight into these matters and to not feel totally in the dark. I am going to try to learn some Turkish, it is the least I can do after this help.

As a way of thanks, albeit a small one, if you would like to be a witness to the big day that would be very nice.
Old 01-12-2006, 17:35   #14
Hayal

Varsayılan

Dear Help,

I am not a lawyer but a destination wedding planner and I have been helping foreign couples get married in Turkey for 5 years. I have done Iranian and British weddings before but it was the girl who was Iranian and the guy was British, however, the procedure is pretty much the same. Your partner will have to apply for a no impediment certificate from her local registrar and bring this, her birth certificate, passport and any other document which would be applicable, such as a decree absolute, to the nearest British Consulate where you are hoping to get married. You will need to obtain a similar document from Iran, to prove that you are free to marry, and take this, along with your birth certificate and passport to the Iranian Consulate in Istanbul. Both consulates will issue the paperwork that needs to be handed in to the registrar who will marry you. Please note that these documents will have to be authorised at the local Governor's Office first, before you take them to the registrar.

Although you are not marrying a Turkish citizen, you will still be getting married according yo the Turkish civil law, there is a seperate section defining the procedure for two foreigners getting married in Turkey.

Best of luck!

Hayal
Old 02-10-2009, 10:16   #15
Konuk

Varsayılan parisa

hello im an iranian girl im going to marry to an english man in turkey we have met about 3years ago on net and in 2 or 4 months we r going to mett in turkey and marry what will we need imean documents? and how long does it take
thanks
Old 21-03-2017, 16:51   #16
Av. Muhammed Kuş

Varsayılan

Alıntı:
Yazan Konuk
hello im an iranian girl im going to marry to an english man in turkey we have met about 3years ago on net and in 2 or 4 months we r going to mett in turkey and marry what will we need imean documents? and how long does it take
thanks
Documents necessary to be married in Turkey:

1. Marriage petition (Evlenme Beyannamesi).

2. Certificate/Affidavit of Eligibility to Marry (Evlenme Ehliyet Belgesi): either a marriage license from your own country, or a statement from your country's consulate or embassy in Turkey that you meet your country's requirements to be married.

3. Personal identification (passport, identification card, birth certificate or health certificate, as required by the authorities).

4. Photographs of the bride and groom (five or six copies of each) for the official records.

5. health certificate

I hope you got married.

Best wishes
Old 15-07-2018, 07:33   #17
Konuk

Varsayılan

i am Iranian girl who wants to marry a guy from other nationality( he is from Pakistan). Which documents do we need for applying for marriage in turkey ?
thanks
Yanıt

Şu anda Bu Konuyu Okuyan Ziyaretçiler : 1 (0 Site Üyesi ve 1 konuk)

Konu Araçları Konu İçinde Arama
Konu İçinde Arama:

Detaylı Arama

Forum Listesi

Benzer Konular
Konu Konuyu Başlatan Forum Yanıt Son Mesaj
Turkish Criminal Law İn English Konuk Turkish Law 6 21-03-2017 16:20
Legal English Toby Turkish Law 6 08-12-2009 17:16
English Speaking Attorney İn Istanbul Konuk Turkish Law 2 26-01-2006 07:39
Need English-speaking Lawyer Konuk Turkish Law 2 14-04-2005 16:48

THS Sunucusu bu sayfayı 0,05515599 saniyede 15 sorgu ile oluşturdu.

Türk Hukuk Sitesi (1997 - 2016) © Sitenin Tüm Hakları Saklıdır. Kurallar, yararlanma şartları, site sözleşmesi ve çekinceler için buraya tıklayınız. Site içeriği izinsiz başka site ya da medyalarda yayınlanamaz. Türk Hukuk Sitesi, ağır çalışma şartları içinde büyük bir mesleki mücadele veren ve en zor koşullar altında dahi "Adalet" savaşından yılmayan Türk Hukukçuları ile Hukukun üstünlüğü ilkesine inanan tüm Hukukseverlere adanmıştır. Sitemiz ticari kaygılardan uzak, ücretsiz bir sitedir ve her meslekten hukukçular tarafından hazırlanmakta ve yönetilmektedir.