Üye İsmi
Şifre

Turkish Law English forum dedicated to Turkish Law

Maritime law and vehicle law

Yanıt
Old 02-04-2013, 19:46   #1

Varsayılan Maritime law and vehicle law

Hi,

I'd appreciate some legal advice, specifically the likelihood of receiving the full penalty for causing pollution with gray water. I understand the penalty is between 6 months and 2 years in prison for emptying bilge tanks in a harbour/marina (negligently or intentionally) even for a small 9 metre wooden boat.
I have yet to seek legal representation but I have been informed that I will be prosecuted and a case has been opened against me. Is it possible (in Turkish law) for the sentence to be suspended? And if so, could a monetary fine be imposed in it's place? What (if any) is the likely amount?

Also, I am a foreign resident currently driving a Turkish plate car, not yet registered in my name. My Turkish friends have told me not to worry about it, but I'd like to know what my responsibilitie are and if I am currently breaking any law by driving a Turkish plate instead of an MD plate.

Thank you for any help,

Guest.
Old 18-03-2017, 15:13   #2
Av. Muhammed Kuş

Varsayılan

Alıntı:
Yazan Guest
Hi,

I'd appreciate some legal advice, specifically the likelihood of receiving the full penalty for causing pollution with gray water. I understand the penalty is between 6 months and 2 years in prison for emptying bilge tanks in a harbour/marina (negligently or intentionally) even for a small 9 metre wooden boat.
I have yet to seek legal representation but I have been informed that I will be prosecuted and a case has been opened against me. Is it possible (in Turkish law) for the sentence to be suspended? And if so, could a monetary fine be imposed in it's place? What (if any) is the likely amount?

Also, I am a foreign resident currently driving a Turkish plate car, not yet registered in my name. My Turkish friends have told me not to worry about it, but I'd like to know what my responsibilitie are and if I am currently breaking any law by driving a Turkish plate instead of an MD plate.

Thank you for any help,

Guest.
Hello,

According to Turkish law, the sentence would be suspended. However, there is some requirements for that. If the sentence is less than two years, judge would decide to suspention. As I said, it depends on the judge and event, also the person should compensate what he did. About monetary fine, it depends on your intention when you did this. If it was an accident, court could give the monetary fine. However, if you had wrongful intention, the only sentence is jail as I said the sentence would be postponed.
Foreigners could drive their cars in Turkey with their plate. However, after entering Turkey one year, the person have to take the Turkish driver licence.

Best wishes.
Yanıt

Şu anda Bu Konuyu Okuyan Ziyaretçiler : 1 (0 Site Üyesi ve 1 konuk)

Konu Araçları Konu İçinde Arama
Konu İçinde Arama:

Detaylı Arama

Forum Listesi

Benzer Konular
Konu Konuyu Başlatan Forum Yanıt Son Mesaj
Deniz Hukuku (maritime Law) Shipbroker Site Hakkında Yazışmalar [Arşiv] 1 25-03-2003 13:04

THS Sunucusu bu sayfayı 0,03513908 saniyede 15 sorgu ile oluşturdu.

Türk Hukuk Sitesi (1997 - 2016) © Sitenin Tüm Hakları Saklıdır. Kurallar, yararlanma şartları, site sözleşmesi ve çekinceler için buraya tıklayınız. Site içeriği izinsiz başka site ya da medyalarda yayınlanamaz. Türk Hukuk Sitesi, ağır çalışma şartları içinde büyük bir mesleki mücadele veren ve en zor koşullar altında dahi "Adalet" savaşından yılmayan Türk Hukukçuları ile Hukukun üstünlüğü ilkesine inanan tüm Hukukseverlere adanmıştır. Sitemiz ticari kaygılardan uzak, ücretsiz bir sitedir ve her meslekten hukukçular tarafından hazırlanmakta ve yönetilmektedir.