Üye İsmi
Şifre

Turkish Law English forum dedicated to Turkish Law

foreign teacher and contracts!

Yanıt
Konu İçinde Arama Konu Araçları  
Old 19-01-2010, 23:48   #1
teacherintr

Varsayılan foreign teacher and contracts!

I work at a private language school. I signed an English contract with my boss (which I wasn't allowed to have a copy of), and a Turkish contract (which I was told said the same thing, but my Turkish isn't enough to be certain). Which copy would be valid in a lawsuit?
Old 02-02-2010, 13:01   #2
Özlem Koçanaoğulları

Varsayılan valid version of contract

Most frequently, the contracts have a special provision where it states in case of conflict which version will prevail. If the agreement (s) do not have such a clause, it is very likely that in case of a dispute the parties will submit the Turkish version to the court. However, you can always submit the signed English version and state to the court, in your defense, that you do not understand Turkish.
Old 02-02-2010, 18:40   #3
Av. Bülent Sabri Akpunar

Varsayılan

Dear teacherintr,

In Turkish law, Turkish is not a stipulation for the legal validity of the contracts and the one with a foreign language content is also deemed as binding. However, the Code with number 805 lays down an exception for Turkish legal persons.Art. 1 of this Act stipulates that every kind of legal action and document of Turkish "firms" should have been written in Turkish.

Therefore, if both versions of your contracts (in Turkish and English) contradict with eachother, and the Turkish version is submitted by the employer company, you may depend on the English version, where the other party cannot due to the restrictions mentioned above.If you dont have the copies, as my colleague stated so, you may plea an objection that your Turkish is not certain.
Yanıt

Şu anda Bu Konuyu Okuyan Ziyaretçiler : 1 (0 Site Üyesi ve 1 konuk)

Forum Listesi

Benzer Konular
Konu Konuyu Başlatan Forum Yanıt Son Mesaj
foreign flag law? Konuk Turkish Law 1 25-10-2009 21:08
school not paying foreign teacher tazminat law Turkish Law 2 14-08-2007 15:16
Advice On Contracts Konuk Turkish Law 3 02-12-2005 09:22
Enforcing Foreign Judgments Konuk Turkish Law 1 23-05-2005 19:46
Turkish contracts Kevin J. Lennon Turkish Law 3 30-01-2002 16:46

THS Sunucusu bu sayfayı 0,03295302 saniyede 16 sorgu ile oluşturdu.

Türk Hukuk Sitesi (1997 - 2016) © Sitenin Tüm Hakları Saklıdır. Kurallar, yararlanma şartları, site sözleşmesi ve çekinceler için buraya tıklayınız. Site içeriği izinsiz başka site ya da medyalarda yayınlanamaz. Türk Hukuk Sitesi, ağır çalışma şartları içinde büyük bir mesleki mücadele veren ve en zor koşullar altında dahi "Adalet" savaşından yılmayan Türk Hukukçuları ile Hukukun üstünlüğü ilkesine inanan tüm Hukukseverlere adanmıştır. Sitemiz ticari kaygılardan uzak, ücretsiz bir sitedir ve her meslekten hukukçular tarafından hazırlanmakta ve yönetilmektedir.