Üye İsmi
Şifre

Turkish Law English forum dedicated to Turkish Law

Homeschooling (Primary Education) for dual citizen in Turkey

Yanıt
Old 21-11-2013, 11:01   #1
Konuk

Varsayılan Homeschooling (Primary Education) for dual citizen in Turkey

Hi, we will be moving to Turkey from UK and I need to understand possibilities of homeschooling my son who has dual citizenship Turkish/British.(homeschooling is allowed in UK) He is 4.5 now and at primary reception stage as per UK standards. I know that homeschooling is new concept in Turkey and there is no clear government view on its legitimacy. What is clear is that for Turkish citizens its is illegal not to educate your kids(as a note I am UK citizen, my husband is UK/Turkish). I've been searching for many days now unsuccessfully for at least some information on ways how to position yourself, how to leverage on dual citizenship of my child and myself being a foreigner and do not cause unnecessary problems with authorities. Would appreciate your suggestion and shared experiences.

(a bit more background on my homeschooling plans: since we are planning to pursue secondary education in UK and my son have already started primary reception stage at school in UK, I want to continue with UK curriculum by use of online primary schools. Unfortunately these schools are not approved by Turkish government yet they are fully accredited by UK educational authorities)

Kindly Inna A
Old 02-12-2013, 17:06   #2
Av. Gamze Akderin

Varsayılan

Alıntı:
Yazan Konuk
Hi, we will be moving to Turkey from UK and I need to understand possibilities of homeschooling my son who has dual citizenship Turkish/British.(homeschooling is allowed in UK) He is 4.5 now and at primary reception stage as per UK standards. I know that homeschooling is new concept in Turkey and there is no clear government view on its legitimacy. What is clear is that for Turkish citizens its is illegal not to educate your kids(as a note I am UK citizen, my husband is UK/Turkish). I've been searching for many days now unsuccessfully for at least some information on ways how to position yourself, how to leverage on dual citizenship of my child and myself being a foreigner and do not cause unnecessary problems with authorities. Would appreciate your suggestion and shared experiences.

(a bit more background on my homeschooling plans: since we are planning to pursue secondary education in UK and my son have already started primary reception stage at school in UK, I want to continue with UK curriculum by use of online primary schools. Unfortunately these schools are not approved by Turkish government yet they are fully accredited by UK educational authorities)

Kindly Inna A

Dear Inna A,

Your question has been asked couple of times before in this forum. There was no answers to the previous questions because Turkish system does not allow homeschooling.

Only disabled or very sick children allowed to have homeschooling, but even then it has some strict rules and there is a teacher appointed from the government for those children.

Best Regards,
Av. Gamze SHARMAN
Old 06-12-2013, 02:01   #3
Konuk

Varsayılan Homeschooling (Primary Education) for dual citizen in Turkey

Hi, Thank you very much for your reply.
Ok, is your answer based on your experience or your research? I would highly appreciate if you could provide source of your statement.I have been checking several forums and what always happens is people are providing very generic answers and always like ' do not even try'.
For a fact there are families in Turkey who are homeschooling, so obviously there is a way.

I am asking your assistance in looking into this with more attention or at least point me into right direction.
Kindly,
Old 14-12-2013, 12:13   #4
Av. Gamze Akderin

Varsayılan

Dear Inna A,

My previous answer is based on research(My English husband asked me about this). What I found was there isn't actually a law about the home schooling issue. However, there are a set of directives from the ministry of education about this. They state that every child in Turkey has to attend a school that has been approved by the ministry. If the parents of a child do not send their child to an approved school then they are liable to be fined.

If you feel that you need more clarification on this issue I suggest that you write a letter to the ministry of education asking for clarification. You should get a written answer back from them which will make everything clear. Should you hear anything different than what I have already written, please update this thread in the forum for the benefit of other people that find this thread.

Best Regards,

Av. Gamze SHARMAN
Old 03-01-2014, 21:51   #5
Konuk

Varsayılan

Hi,
Appreciate your reply, really useful information. Its good to know that there is no law, and directives of the Ministry is not really something to be afraid of. I will pursue the recommended route of contacting ministry of education but would appreciate if others would join the forces or share their knowledge.
Yanıt

Şu anda Bu Konuyu Okuyan Ziyaretçiler : 1 (0 Site Üyesi ve 1 konuk)

Konu Araçları Konu İçinde Arama
Konu İçinde Arama:

Detaylı Arama

Forum Listesi

Benzer Konular
Konu Konuyu Başlatan Forum Yanıt Son Mesaj
USA Citizen Marrying Iranian Citizen in Ankara, Turkey HelpPLZ Turkish Law 0 28-10-2011 05:23
homeschooling in Turkey Konuk Turkish Law 4 16-12-2010 23:28
Dual nationality/birth registration Ceylan Turkish Law 5 26-07-2007 15:10
Turkish Traffic law - primary roads Kim Turkish Law 3 19-10-2006 16:54

THS Sunucusu bu sayfayı 0,04206610 saniyede 15 sorgu ile oluşturdu.

Türk Hukuk Sitesi (1997 - 2016) © Sitenin Tüm Hakları Saklıdır. Kurallar, yararlanma şartları, site sözleşmesi ve çekinceler için buraya tıklayınız. Site içeriği izinsiz başka site ya da medyalarda yayınlanamaz. Türk Hukuk Sitesi, ağır çalışma şartları içinde büyük bir mesleki mücadele veren ve en zor koşullar altında dahi "Adalet" savaşından yılmayan Türk Hukukçuları ile Hukukun üstünlüğü ilkesine inanan tüm Hukukseverlere adanmıştır. Sitemiz ticari kaygılardan uzak, ücretsiz bir sitedir ve her meslekten hukukçular tarafından hazırlanmakta ve yönetilmektedir.