Üye İsmi
Şifre

Turkish Law English forum dedicated to Turkish Law

Does agreed price include VAT in Turkish agreements

Yanıt
Old 10-12-2017, 14:33   #1
Konuk

Varsayılan Does agreed price include VAT in Turkish agreements

I have received a bill from a Turkish company for services provided in Turkey. However the amount charged differs from what I was expecting and thought we had agreed. The Turkish company has added 18% VAT. I would like to argue this VAT was part of the original agreed price as it would be in the UK. I don't know whether this would be relevant to Turkish law but I will add that I am individual consumer rather than a company.

In other words, if you have an agreement with a Turkish supplier to pay an amount p for a service then according to Turkish law do you need to hand over an amount p or p+18% when the job has been completed.

It might be helpful if you could point out the specific section of Turkish law that applies if this is simple to do.

Many thanks.
Old 10-12-2017, 15:46   #2
Admin

Varsayılan

Its not clear in codes. However according to High Court rulings, seller should mention any additional payments (including tax) in the agreed amount in the beginning of the agreement and he can not increase this later on his own. Eg. this is mentioned Yargıtay's (Turkish High Court) ruling 13.10.2004 E.2004/19-456 K. 2004/531 here:
http://www.turkhukuksitesi.com/showthread.php?t=18181
Old 13-01-2018, 03:08   #3
Konuk

Varsayılan

Does this apply to charges by members of the Turkish bar?
My advocate is asking 15% + KDV of the settlement from a court case. Our agreement was that he should receive 15% (but he was responsible for expenses). Does the same advice apply?

Actually, he has simply taken 15% + KDV from the settlement which does not seem right since I have disputed the amount. Is this proper behaviour?

Thank you.
Yanıt

Şu anda Bu Konuyu Okuyan Ziyaretçiler : 1 (0 Site Üyesi ve 1 konuk)

Konu Araçları Konu İçinde Arama
Konu İçinde Arama:

Detaylı Arama

Forum Listesi

Benzer Konular
Konu Konuyu Başlatan Forum Yanıt Son Mesaj
car insurance doubled in price Konuk Turkish Law 0 24-05-2007 15:45

THS Sunucusu bu sayfayı 0,03671908 saniyede 14 sorgu ile oluşturdu.

Türk Hukuk Sitesi (1997 - 2016) © Sitenin Tüm Hakları Saklıdır. Kurallar, yararlanma şartları, site sözleşmesi ve çekinceler için buraya tıklayınız. Site içeriği izinsiz başka site ya da medyalarda yayınlanamaz. Türk Hukuk Sitesi, ağır çalışma şartları içinde büyük bir mesleki mücadele veren ve en zor koşullar altında dahi "Adalet" savaşından yılmayan Türk Hukukçuları ile Hukukun üstünlüğü ilkesine inanan tüm Hukukseverlere adanmıştır. Sitemiz ticari kaygılardan uzak, ücretsiz bir sitedir ve her meslekten hukukçular tarafından hazırlanmakta ve yönetilmektedir.