Mesajı Okuyun
Old 08-06-2007, 19:54   #18
Konuk

Varsayılan

Thanks for your replies Emre and Ecesaka.

My original post outlining my problems was at thread 4387

This first lawyer holds power of attorney and is still representing me.

The problem is that he doesn't speak English, so the only information I was getting was from the 'third party' who is the builder mentioned in my first post. (4378)

I wasn't aware of making any official statement to the police when I was in Turkey, so at the request of the Turkish court I later gave one to my local UK police. The builder e-mailed me and told me make to make an untrue statement to the UK police and said it was "following the advice of your lawyer". I ignored his suggestion and gave the police a true account of what happened.

The UK police then showed me a document written in Turkish, which was also sent by the court. (I did sign this document when I was in Turkey after being told that it was only "to say that I had helped the police with their enquiries"). There was no English translation of this document with my signature on it, (because I didn't sign one) but there was a translated copy of the Turkish document sent to the UK police, which they also showed me.

This Turkish document had been used as my statement in earlier court hearings but it was certainly not a correct account of what happened.

If I had been given an official translation of this Turkish document when I was in Turkey, or had been offered the service of an English speaking lawyer at the time, I obviously wouldn't have signed it.

Following the advice from this forum, I contacted another English speaking Turkish lawyer from the British Consulate website, who said he could liaise with my original lawyer and then give me the information. I agreed to pay his fees but have heard nothing from him regarding the last court hearing despite many requests for information.

However, in answer to another of my questions to him, he did tell me that because I bought my villa and signed the paperwork outside of the Land Registry, I may not own the property. Several other English buyers also signed for their property at the same builders office following the builder's 'advice'.

I've never received my own Tapu but after telling another English buyer what I had recently found out, he showed me his Tapu which was sent to him by the same builder. It has not got his photo attached and is not stamped by the Land Registry, so it is probably worthless.

It is complicated. This is why I'm asking for help on this forum. Thanks.