Mesajı Okuyun
Old 08-08-2012, 14:32   #14
Tiocfaidh

Varsayılan

Alıntı:
Yazan Konuk
The father of my child is from Turkey, he was in the United States going to school. When he learned I was pregnant, he left and went back to Turkey. I have been raising my son myself for 7 years and need help. Is there anything I can do seeing as I live in the United States with no funds for an attorney and the father lives in Turkey? Thank you.

Dear guest,

The father of your child is surely obliged to participate the expenses of his/her growing as it's a natural law rule that doesn't vary in Turkey or the USA. However, I should inform you in advance that you can not demand it direcly from him considering that there's no formal paternal line between your child and his father. To be an actual father doesn't mean to be a formal one, hence can't be obliged to participate the expenses of the child without fixing this biological relation before the formal authorities.

What you should first do is starting an action in order to fix the paternal line between your child and his/her actual father. You can merely file an alimony case against him for participating the maintenances. Turkish law is entitled at all these cases due to nationality of the defendant side.

There are various treaties that both Turkey and the USA had adhered in regarding the child custodies and alimony cases, however they won't avail before fixing the paternal relationship.

Hope this helps.