Mesajı Okuyun
Old 03-11-2006, 17:43   #10
Tiocfaidh

Varsayılan

Dear Help,

Alıntı:
Hopefully this is a more straightforward question. How long does the Iranian man need to be in Turkey before he can get married there?

An Iranian citizen has to fulfill the requirements of Turkish law only if he wills to marry with a Turkish citizen. Considering that he will marry with an English(but not Turk), all he has to do is applying his own national, or English law system.

I could have given you satisfiable answers if your questions were directed to me regarding 'a foreign person(Iranian) to marry with a Turkish citizen'. But, as I said for many times before, the parts have to follow their own national law systems in order to have a valid marriage, doesn't matter where they will marry.

If the woman was a Turk, the Iranian man still wouldn't have had to stay in Turkey for a long while to marry with her. He would only have had to keep staying in-marriage for 3 years for gaining Turkish citizenship. But the woman is not Turkish and Turkish law has nothing to do with this marriage.

Alıntı:

Also, does he need to go to the Iranian embassy in Turkey to get special documents for permission to marry?

It depends on what Englsh and/or Iranian law order(s).

Best wishes