Mesajı Okuyun
Old 09-08-2012, 13:03   #1
Konuk

Varsayılan What should I do when a Turkish police officer insults me and violates my privacy rights?

What should I do when a Turkish police officer insults me and violates my privacy rights?

I have a dual citizenship, Turkish and Norwegian, and each time I enter and exit turkey there is a problem at the passport control. Because of a name similarity, I normally wait 10 minutes for the officer to make a call to the headcounters and clear up the situation. This has happened 5 times until now, and every officer I have meet has been very friendly and apologized for the inconvenience.

Yesterday, I took the ferry from Samos (Greece) to Kusadasi. At the passport control witch was a bit busy, the officer made a call from her own mobile phone while controlling other people’s passports, and gave out my personal information such as pasportnumber, birthplace, name, TC-kimlik number (Turkish social security number), parents name etc. This bothered me a lot, it was highly sensitive information given out publicly, and people around me could hear it. I tried tell her that what see did is wrong and expected her to apologize, but instead se insulted me by shouting names at me. In a situation like this, what should my reaction be? I honestly didn’t know what to do when she shouted. Can I take legal action?