Mesajı Okuyun
Old 22-04-2013, 00:42   #1
denizberkin

Varsayılan Citizenship revoked - travel as tourist - military service

I am a Canadian born in 1966 in Canada to Turkish parents – who eventually became Canadian citizens. When I was born they must have notified the Turkish embassy and I received Turkish Citizenship as well.

I have never been to Turkey and have not done my military service.

In 1999 my Turkish Citizenship was revoked because I haven’t done military service. I received an official letter from the Turkish embassy to that effect.

Now I want to visit Turkey. I have a photocopied document given to me by the Turkish Embassy called a “Nufus Kayit Ornegi”. It seems to confirm that my citizenship was lost in 1999. The Turkish embassy in Ottawa told me I can visit Turkey as a tourist using my Canadian Passport and to bring this “Nufus Kayit Ornegi” with me and that I have no more military obligations and should have no problems. As a safety check I had my mother check with the Turkish consulate in Montreal who basically said the same thing.

Based on the confirmations with the embassy and the consulate I believe I can travel through Turkey without any issues or complications with regard to not having done military service. I’m wondering, though, if anyone else can foresee any problems that I may have ?

Thanks !