Mesajı Okuyun
Old 23-01-2005, 15:41   #1
Konuk

Varsayılan Important Turkish Tort Civil Liability Question

Hi,

Please help me with this as soon as possible (i.e., in the next few hours). I’m working on a US legal research project, and I need citations to prove that Turkish law creates civil liability for:
(1) assault, (2) battery, (3) false imprisonment (kidnapping, when a private person holds another against his will), (4) intentional infliction of emotional distress (IIED), and (5) loss of consortium (liability for the loss of a person’s spouse and the services that spouse would have provided, such as emotional companionship and sexual relations).

Could someone please respond as soon as possible with the relevant valid legal citations on Turkish law or at least to an accepted guidebook on Turkish law? Even if you only have the specific legal citations to a few of these torts that would be very helpful!

I tried researching Turkish law, but my law library has very little on the subject. However, I discovered that in articles 41 and 45-47 of the Turkish Code of Obligations that there may be relevant legal proofs. Unfortunately, I don’t speak Turkish and I don’t have access to any Turkish civil codes. So if someone could please help me as soon as possible I would really appreciate it. If you can’t respond to my question in the next few hours, please post a response anyway since I may be able to use it anyway in a few more days.

Thanks so much!