Mesajı Okuyun
Old 23-10-2007, 15:42   #40
Konuk

Varsayılan Inheritance

Konuk lawyer: Absolutely NO disrespect towards Turkish law was meant by using the word "strange". As a matter of fact, I have nothing but respect for the country and its laws.

People die all the time and though not customary in Turkey, abroad, wills are the norm and many people seem to die without them, also many people don't necessarily have families and so the government is left to figure out how to distribute such a estate and how to locate any existing relatives which they must do, whether such relatives live in the country or abroad and that is what I meant that I would find it strange if Turkish gov. had record of a child, but would not contact such person if such person did not come forward on their own due to lack of knowledge of the death.

It seems to me that the gov. would indeed contact such person, but as I have not received a definitive answer from anyone that yes, they would, I will consult with a Turkish lawyer or write to the office in question to know what their procedures are. Thanks for your comments.