Mesajı Okuyun
Old 17-04-2014, 21:23   #1
Konuk

Varsayılan Turkish Citizenship - dual citizenship

Hello,
Me and my husband both foreigners living in Turkey for about 4 years now (husband works here). Recently we consider getting Turkish citizenship and settle down in Turkey, as after one year we'll fulfill requirement of 5 years...
But the question is about our own citizenship (I'm Russian citizen, husband - British citiz.). On the Russian speaking forums about Turkey there is widely spread information that Turkish authorities recently require giving up your first citiz.. People who applied on general conditions (means not married to Turkish cit) after all proceegers done got reply that they can get Turkish citizenship, but in comming 2 years they have to give up their own one.
When they phoned to Ankara to ask more about it they were replied that this is the rule for all aplicants who applies on general rules (not by marriage)
I've checked the law, and as far as I understood it doesn't says clearly, but keeps it as possibility, that some applicants can be asked to give up they citizenship, and that Cabinet of Ministers sets the details..

So, does anybody has idea about this details? Is it really used for all applicants???
Where we can find the answer, please, advise. thank you