Mesajı Okuyun
Old 30-06-2007, 13:25   #21
Konuk

Varsayılan Inheritance

Lady B: your answers are so very helpful, I have a similar case to the above post and hope you can help me. My husband and I are divorced,our American son is NOT registered, but his Turkish son with his Turkish wife is...the 2 brothers don't know each other.

If I understood you correctly, you said if the non-Turkish child is not registered, he can get his inheritance with a certificate of inheritance, but needing to go to court, therefore, needing a lawyer, right?. If child however IS registered, I guess no certificate and no court appearance is necessary, am I right?. The timing of 1 year is important, but what if the child is not notified of his father's passing?. I think that is why is best to have all children registered to avoid a possible fight between the Turkish and non-Turkish siblings and also avoid going to court at all.

Can you also clarify the following: I was told by another Turkish lawyer that ID registration of the child, ie: registering under his Turkish father's ID does NOT mean citizenship, is this true?. If it is true, then child could be registered for inheritance purposes, but without becoming citizen.